It's essential to equip your camper with the right beach camp gear, including the perfect board shorts
1. Consider the Fit for Optimal Comfort: Comfort is key during beach camp activities. Look for board shorts that offer a relaxed fit without being too loose. Consider shorts with an adjustable waistband, featuring a drawstring or Velcro closure, allowing for easy adjustments to ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
2. Prioritize Quality Materials for Durability: Beach camp can be demanding on clothing, particularly during water sports and beach adventures. Look for board shorts made from high-quality materials, such as polyester or a polyester-spandex blend. These fabrics are known for their durability, quick-drying properties, and resistance to fading, stretching, and wear.
3. Focus on Quick-Drying and Water-Repellent Features: Water activities are a central part of beach camp, so selecting board shorts with quick-drying capabilities is crucial. Look for shorts with water-repellent coatings or materials that naturally repel water, ensuring they dry rapidly after swimming or engaging in water sports. Quick-drying shorts also provide comfort, preventing chafing and discomfort during prolonged wear.
4. Ensure UV Protection for Outdoor Fun: Protecting your child's skin from the sun's harmful rays is paramount during beach camp. Choose board shorts that offer built-in UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) to shield their skin from harmful UV radiation. Look for a UPF rating of 30 or higher for optimal protection, and consider pairing the shorts with a rash guard for added coverage.
5. Assess Practical Pocket Design and Placement: Consider the practicality of pocket design and placement when selecting board shorts for beach camp. While excessive pockets may not be necessary, having one or two pockets can be useful for storing small essentials such as sunscreen or a sunglasses. Look for pockets with secure closures like Velcro or zippers to prevent items from falling out during active beach camp activities.
6. Reflect Your Camper's Style and Camp Spirit: Attending Aloha Beach Camp is a time for self-expression and embracing the camp spirit. Involve your son in the selection process and choose board shorts that reflect their style and camp enthusiasm. Look for designs featuring beach-themed patterns, vibrant colors, or even the camp logo to ignite their excitement and help them feel connected to the camp community.
7. Consider Ease of Maintenance and Care: If there's one thing we can tell you for sure, your child is going to get messy and dirty at camp! That means selecting board shorts that are easy to clean and maintain is essential! Look for pairs that are machine washable and resistant to color fading. Consider whether they require any special care instructions, such as avoiding fabric softeners or ironing, to ensure the shorts last throughout the duration of beach camp.
Today's Open House Postponed; Rescheduled for Monday May 8 as an Online Event. (Reason: High Demand!)
This email is to notify you we are postponing today's Aloha Beach Camp Open House due to high demand, and we are moving it to Monday, May 8 as an online Open House instead.
We are glad so many kids have registered to enjoy the Aloha Beach Camp experience this summer. However, our offer to sign up with free registration has generated an overwhelming response -- so much so that over 100 campers signed up last week -- and we do not want to give anyone false hope of getting into camp.
If you have a ticket to the open house, we will guarantee a space at camp for you.
We are unsure how many spots we have left until all current registrations are processed. We will have a much better handle on space availability by the end of this coming week. However, rest assured that we are holding a space at camp for you, assuming you sign up by May 8. Use code FREEREGISTRATION to save $50 at checkout. We highly suggest signing up now to get a spot if you aren't already registered to make sure your child gets into camp.
The open house has been postponed and transitioned to an online event on Monday, May 8.
We will be sending out more information about the May 8 online event soon. You won't want to miss it.
And if you have any friends who are thinking of joining Aloha Beach Camp this summer, please tell them NOW IS THE TIME TO SIGN UP, otherwise they might miss out!
Aloha Friends! If you're looking for a fun and exciting summer camp experience for your child, you can't afford to miss Aloha Beach Camp's summer day camp open house on Sunday, April 30 at Zuma Beach.
Our day camp program offers unique and enriching experiences for kids ages 4 to 14, where they can learn new skills, make friends, and have a blast in the sun and sand.
Attending the April 30 open house is a great opportunity to meet our friendly and experienced camp counselors and staff, tour our beach camp facility, and learn more about what we have to offer for campers this summer.
At the open house, you and your child can enjoy a day of fun and sun on the beach while enjoying some of the exciting activities we have planned for our campers. We'll have beach games, crafts, and other fun activities your child can participate in. And while your child is having fun playing around, you can learn more about our camp philosophy, safety measures, and program details from our staff.
Aloha Beach Camp's camp program is designed to give your child the ultimate beach experience, with a wide range of activities to choose from, including surfing, boogie boarding, beach volleyball, beach soccer, paddleboarding, and more. We also offer off-beach activities like arts and crafts, dance, drama, and team building games, so there's something for everyone ... even if they're not a true "beach bunny" yet!
Our counselors and staff -- all trained, experienced and certified in life guarding, first aid and CPR -- . are dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for your child. We believe in the importance of developing strong relationships with our campers and creating a sense of community where everyone feels welcome and included.
If you're interested in learning more about our camp program and what we have to offer, we invite you to join us at our open house at Zuma Beach on Sunday, April 30th. The event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends and family and come have some fun in the sun with us!
We hope to see you there!
This blog is written and maintained by Eric D. Naftulin, Aloha Beach Camp's owner and Executive Director the the past 20 years.